What we use
Only quality unfined ingredients that retain the nutritive values mother nature gave us without harmful chemicals:
- Plant oils, extracts and essential oils must be certified organic whenever possible.
- Essential oils must be steam-distilled and not extracted with propylene glycol - which destroys the benefits.
- Plant oils must be cold pressed, not heat distilled or refined - which kills the therapeutic properties.
- Ingredients must be proven to be beneficial.
- Ingredients must be harvested in an environmentally friendly manner (wild-crafted).
- Ingredients must be bio-degradable as possible.
- Fair-Trade ingredients must be used when possible.
- Equal opportunities for our team members and all those involved.
All our products are hand blended in the UK
We do whatever we can to protect the earth and its resources. We opt for recycled materials including papers, bottles, jars, refillable containers and packing materials and always favour packaging that's easily recyclable. We don’t use plastics which could leach chemicals into the contents. We don't use aerosols. All our products have minimal external packaging and are sterile.
Storage, Handling & Blending
We take great pride in storing, handling and blending our recipes in a sterilised environment to maintain quality control and prolong the shelf life and nutritional value of all our ingredients. Our plant oils are always stored in sealed, airtight containers in a cool, dark room. This is very important to prevent contamination and deterioration in the shelf life and therefore the nutritional and therapeutic values.
When blending our oils for the recipes, we make sure we stir carefully with sterilised equipment instead of shaking, this ensures extra oxygen is not incorporated and thus keeping the product from turning rancid.
Benzyl Alcohol, Salicylic Acid, Glycerine, Sorbic Acid - We only use preservative in a few of our products, when absolutely necessary by law. We have formulated these lotions because they are the type of products that our customers have asked for. However, if you do not wish to use products containing preservative, there are 100% organic alternatives in our range. Preservative is necessary when water is included to make a light lotion and is to prevent deterioration over time. It is a broad spectrum preservation system that has global acceptance, based on a combination of ingredients that is both ECOCERT and COSMOS approved. Cosmos is a European organic standard that has been created by an alliance of 5 of Europe's leading organic certifiers: The Soil Association – UK; BDIH - Germany; Cosmebio – France; Ecocert – France; ICEA. It meets ECOCERT standards for use in natural and organic skin and hair care products. Its four components, Benzyl Alcohol, Salicylic Acid, Glycerine, Sorbic Acid, are all well accepted in a wide range of personal care products. This antimicrobial composition offers broad spectrum protection against gram-positive and gram-negative bacteria, yeast and moulds. It is clear liquid with a mild smell. Benefits:
• Non-paraben, non-formaldehyde, non-isothiazolone based preservative system.